Like your home, the garden is the best place to chill and relax. But in the garden, there are large numbers of indoor and outdoor pests are found which cause damage to the crops, garden, and soil, etc. The pests like a rodent, mosquitoes, termites, birds, fleas, ants, beetles, etc. also spread various pests in the garden area can damage your crops, vegetables, flowers, and also other wood type materials. Along with this, these pests can also cause damage to humans as they can bite and cause various allergic reactions and serious diseases. It is not easy to deal with these garden area pests as they also grew in numbers very fast and become the reason for pest infestation. Due to all this, these pests in the garden are becoming a great threat for most people. But don’t worry as here our experts will tell you the best and easy ways to prevent your garden from these creepy pests.
Most people doubt and think that they can not tackle these pests on their own at home and need a professional expert for it. That’s why here we Melbourne Pest Control provide you with the best ways to prevent these pest problems in the garden. One only needs to follow these pest prevention methods. Through these methods, one came easily prevent the garden from pests naturally. Following are the various ways through which one can easily prevent their garden and home from these pest problems and facilitates pest-free gardening.
- Start with the basic: First, the basic step to prevent your garden from pests is to do proper cleaning of your garden. For this one need to fix a proper schedule to regularly clean the garden. One needs to remove all the fallen leaves, faded blooms, and flowers from their garden. All this trash attracts pests and bugs so by cleaning them one can easily prevent their garden crops. There is no need to spend the whole day cleaning the garden one just need to spend 10-15 minutes removing all these things from their garden.
- Water your garden in the morning: Next step to maintain your garden is to water your crops daily in the morning. Watering your plant in the morning gives many advantages to your crops. It helps your garden plants to be properly hydrated in warm weather. Further, it helps them to grow faster and protect plants from insects and pests.
- Using neem or bay leaves and oil: Neem or bay oil is a natural pesticide that can be used to get rid of pests in the garden. This oil is very powerful as it can kill many species of insects that destroy your plants and garden area and also doesn’t cause any damage to the plants, humans, and pests. For this simply take some neem oil and water and mix them well. Put this mixture in a spray bottle. Spray this neem oil on various areas of the garden to get rid of these pests. Like bay oil, dried neem or bay leaf also work effectively to remove these pests and other insects from your garden.
- Remove the breeding sites and hiding places: Another effective method for garden pest control is to find out all the areas or entry points of the pests from where these pests enter in your garden and then close all these breeding sites or entry points of the pests. For this moment can either simply repair the holes in the walls or pipes or can fix the cracks by fitting anything in it.
- Use traps: One of the effective and non-chemical methods is to use traps or pest-killing traps for preventing your garden from pests. There are different types of pest traps available in the market for different types of pests. These traps attract insects or pests and the pests get stuck in these traps. Due to this, they die there. Thus, through these traps, one can easily get rid of pests in any area of their house whether indoor or outdoor. One can use various types of pests killing traps like
- Wash traps
- Bait traps
- Snap traps
- Electronic traps
- Live mouse traps
- Multiple capture live traps
- Wooden traps
- Fleas traps, etc.
- Bring in the pests natural enemies: Not all pests in your garden cause harm to your garden and plants. There are many pests or bugs like hoverflies, wasps, ladybugs, coriander, lacewings, etc. that help in controlling the pests. They either eat the other pests or destroy the younger pests which do damage the plants and garden. One needs to attach these beneficiary pests to overcome the problem of garden pests.
- Use of chilli pepper spray: Like neem oil one can also use chilli pepper spray for garden plants prevention. This is the best way to control the pests in the garden area by using a normal homemade chilli pepper spray. For this take some chilli peppers like 1 dozen chilli papers, and crush them in a bowl properly. Then take 3-5 cups of water and put this water in these crashed chilli papers. Now take an empty spray bottle and put this mixture in the spray bottle and shack them well. Spray this solution directly on the plants and garden area twice a day. This will prevent the plants and garden from cockroaches, rats, spiders, and other pests which do damage to the plants. Repeat this process for 3-4 days a week for the best results.
- Use the best suitable bait for pest traps: One can also simply use various pest-killing baits to fool the pests like cockroaches moths, rodents and to catch and kill them easily. Normally one only needs to use that type of pest-friendly food as bait that pests have eaten in your garden or home area. These pest bait traps are the best trick to get rid of the pest. These baits attract the pests by offering them their favourite food material and kill them.
- Place the traps at the best effective place in the garden or outdoor area: Mostly pests like bees, cockroaches, mosquitoes, termites, spiders, ticks travel and hide in the corner place of the garden near walls. They simply avoid common open spaces and move along walls or dark areas. So one should need to set their pest bait trap in the right direction so that these pests can be easily caught. For example, the best spots for rodent traps can be enclosed spaces, closets, behind woods or plants, and inside cabinets, etc.
- Using mothball for the pests: Most of the pests don’t like the smell of mothballs. So simply take some mothballs and either place or hang them near the places where you saw the pest in the garden. Due to these mothballs, the pest will leave that place and will not come back. So mothballs also ensure that in the future these various pests can’t come near your garden and home area if these mothballs are placed in the corners of your garden. One can easily purchase these mothballs from the near market and they also don’t cost much.
- Introduce companion planting or doing resistant varieties: This is another easy and most preventing tip for protecting your garden against pests. Under this method, simplest grew those plants in your garden which are naturally resistant to the pests. For example, the plant or seed named tromboncino squash is one of the most resistant varieties which infect the pests negatively. One can use these types of plants in their garden to get rid of the pests in the outside area of your house.
- Using chemical Pesticides: One can also use various chemical pesticides to kill the pests. If in your garden the pest Pesticides are the kind of position which is normally used to kill pests. If the pest population in your garden is very high and other methods and prevention tricks are also not working one can use these chemical pesticides. But one needs to be careful as for this one need to follow proper directions as to how to use or apply these pests to kill rodents.
- Use food-based diatomaceous earth: Another way to prevent your garden plant is to use food-based diatomaceous earth. Simply purchase some diatomaceous earth from the near market and place them near the garden area or near plants and other things. Pests like cockroaches, rats, etc. will come and eat these chemical-based balls and will die. This diatomaceous earth is one the most effective product which doesn’t cause any damage to your plants like chemical spray does and simply kills the pests which damage the plants.
- Maintain healthy soil: Another way to prevent your garden and plant is to maintain healthy soil in the garden. Healthy soil heals the plants and also helps them in their growth. Further healthy soil gives strength to the plants and also ensures the healthy life of your garden plants. One can use soil fertilizers to make their gardening perfect and to protect your garden plants and grass from creepy pests.
Thus these were all the best ways to control the pests in the garden. Through all these pest prevention methods you can easily get rid of the entire pest in your garden area on your own. But if even after using these different methods or ways you are unable to remove these pests or if you don’t have much time to use these methods then don’t worry as you can simply contact our Melbourne Pest Control’s professionals. Our experts provide the best garden pest control services in Melbourne. Our experts will not only kill these various types of garden pests but also ensure in the future there will be no pest infestation in your place or garden. Moreover, Melbourne Pest Control also provides these pest control services at cheap and normally at an affordable rate. Professionals like us Termites Pest Control Melbourne use the effective tool and pest removal kit to remove and kill these pests. Further, our experts also offer 24×7 hours expert’s pest control services for their customers at an affordable rate so to get the best pest control services to contact us right now.