The first thing a person wants, early in the morning, is breakfast. You go to your kitchen, open your cabinet, and while searching for some cereal, you feel something crawling on your hand. A filthy cockroach is not the first thing that you want to touch before starting your day, in fact during no time of the day you would like to touch a cockroach even by accident or intentionally. These cockroaches crawl everywhere in your kitchen usually at night, in search of food. Along with them, they carry a large no. of germs and diseases that are very harmful to you and especially your kids.
Everyone wants that their kitchen is clean and has no cockroaches in it. Both these wishes cant be fulfilled but you can at least keep your kitchen clean to reduce the chances of having cockroaches crawling all over the kitchen cabinets and floor. Cockroaches most of the time come out to feast on your leftovers, garbage, or some small pieces of food lying on the floor. Melbourne Pest Control are well known for cockroach pest control in Melbourne, so to help you we are suggesting some remedies to keep the cockroaches out of your kitchen:
- Keep dark places clean because those are the places where cockroaches are generally spotted. By cleaning these areas you make sure that there’s nothing left there, that can attract cockroaches.
- Clean your kitchen after each meal. Cockroaches come out in search of food and if you clean your kitchen after cooking, you will leave nothing for them to feast on.
- Seal pack your leftovers. If you leave leftovers unpacked then cockroaches can be attracted by that. Keep leftovers inside the fridge as cockroaches won’t go inside the fridge.
- Dispose of the garbage regularly. If you have garbage lying around the corner for a long time, the cockroaches will start crawling inside it and polluting your kitchen afterwards.
- If you see any cracks or openings in your cabinets then seal those cracks so that no cockroaches can get inside your cabinets.
How to get rid of cockroaches naturally
Keeping your kitchen clean is the preventive measure of making your home cockroach free. But there are still cockroaches inside your home and you must be thinking about how to get rid of cockroaches forever. To that there are two options, you can either call Melbourne Pest Control for making your home cockroach free or you can try these house remedies provided by Melbourne Pest Control below. These are some natural ways to get rid of cockroaches in the kitchen:
- Cloves: it is one of the most used ingredients in Indian cuisines. Its warm and aromatic essence makes you feel fresh but for cockroaches, it’s the opposite. They can’t bear the fragrance of cloves. So you can put some clove extract in water or alcohol and spray it all over the kitchen corners and cabinets.
- Baking soda and sugar mixture: sugar is the favourite food of all the bugs. Cockroaches are also attracted by the smell of sugar. By mixing water, sugar, and baking soda you can make a deadly beverage for cockroaches. By consuming it cockroaches die as the baking soda makes their stomach explode resulting in their death. As per Melbourne Pest Control, this is the most effective method of cockroach control.
- Lemons: lemonade is the most refreshing drink for us in summers but for cockroaches, it’s not that pleasant as it has lemon in it. Lemon works perfectly as a cockroach repellent. Squeeze some lemons and mix them well with water. Spry it over the kitchen floor and inside the cabinets or near the stove. It will disinfect the area as well as get rid of cockroaches at the same time.
- Onion and boric dust: get some onion or garlic powder or you can grind them to make a paste. Now mix it with boric dust and a little water. This paste will be a suicide meal for roaches. Put this in places like cabinets and other dark places where your pets cannot reach as it can be harmful to them.
- Bay leaves: the bay leaf is the second herb in our list of cockroach repellents. It’s well known for making your pizza taste better but only a few people know that it can be used as a cockroach repellent. Place some bay leaves in the places where the cockroaches are mostly spotted and within a week you will see no more cockroaches in your kitchen.
- Duct tape trap: to make a homemade sticky trap for cockroaches you only need duct tape. Put a foot long piece of duct tape on the floor, with the sticky side facing upside. Put bate over the tape and cockroaches will be stuck on the tape.
- Vinegar and peppermint oil: peppermint oil itself is good for getting rid of cockroaches but mixing it with vinegar enhances the power of peppermint. It works as a deadly combination for roaches. Spray this mixture in the corners and dark areas. Do this at night for the best results.
- Garlic: smelling power of roaches is very strong and they can’t stand strong smells. Garlic has a very strong smell, that can be very harmful to cockroaches. Just grind some cloves of garlic and apply some of this paste in dark places and in no time cockroaches will be gone.
These were some all-natural ways of cockroach control. But you should know one thing that these methods are only effective if the infestation is at the initial stage. To get professional treatment you should call Melbourne Pest Control. The methods used by Melbourne Pest Control are highly sophisticated and we ensure you that we will get rid of every single cockroach from your property. If you want to get rid of cockroaches forever then call Melbourne Pest Control right now.