Any living creature that causes harm to you, food, or things around you, is termed a pest. So any bird that causes any harm to your house or you or your farm then they are considered a pest. There are a variety of pest birds in Australia and differ from place to place. In coastal areas, you will see seagulls, and in urban areas, pigeons are the main pest birds. No matter what type of pest birds you have in your area, they will always cause trouble and all you will think of is how to get rid of them.
For those who are wondering if there are any ways to control these pests, there are plenty of ways and methods of keeping their population in control. You can take care of these birds on your own in some cases but when they are present in huge numbers then your best choice is to call professionals like Melbourne Pest Control who have tons of experience as well as proper equipment to make your property pest-free. No matter if it’s pigeon pest control or sparrow pest control, Melbourne Pest Control workers are prepared for everything.
There are many birds in your area but not all of them are pest birds. So before you decide to eliminate them you must know which ones are the real culprits. Here are some of the most common pest birds that you can find in your locality:
- House Sparrow
- Common myna
- Common starling
- Seagull, etc.
Many people have a misconception that shooting or killing is the only option to get rid of these pest birds but they don’t know, there are many other ways of bird pest control. You can get bird proofing in Melbourne by any professional or simply put some bird barriers in your home on your own. Some other methods to keep your home bird proof are listed here:
- Bird spikes: this method is very effective and easily available. As you might have noticed that birds have some common areas where they sit during the daytime. You need to recognize those places and carefully put the bird spikes in those areas. The spikes will not kill the birds but they will make sure that birds won’t be able to sit there as birds like to stay in places that are comfortable for them. Some common places for applying bird spikes are porch roofs, shed roofs, balconies, etc
- Bright laser lights: another effective way of bird pest control is the use of bright and sharp lasers. These lights are harmless to birds but when birds come in contact with bright lights, they feel uncomfortable and try to avoid them. If their eyes get hit by bright light simultaneously, then they may lose eyesight for some time so they eventually decide to relocate themselves.
- Colorful balls: surprisingly, only a few colorful balls can get rid of birds from your yard. It can be because there are no colorful round objects in nature and due to this reason birds see them as a threat and try to avoid coming near them. You can simply hang bright-colored balls on trees or on the porch to distract the birds.
- Electric pulses: there’s not a single living creature that does not hate getting shocked and the same goes for birds. You can place electric pulse wires in those areas where birds most likely to build their nest. As a result, when they get shocked again and again while trying to build a nest, they get scared and never come back. But keep in mind that no one else can reach them or else they will also get shocked.
- Natural repellents: garlic oil spray, chilly spray, or honey spray are some of the natural bird repellents that you can easily make at your home. You just need these ingredients along with some warm water and a spray bottle and the rest is up to you where you want to spray them to get rid of birds.
- Aluminium foil: you can cut strips of aluminium foil and place them in the nesting areas of birds or simply hang them in your yard. This works in 2 ways, firstly, the aluminium foil will reflect light and birds try to avoid any reflective surfaces, secondly, birds also avoid walking on aluminium foil so they won’t go to places where the aluminium foil is lying.
- Predator decoys: this method is the best way to scare away birds without causing any harm to them. You can easily get these decoys from shops and place them somewhere all the birds can see them. You can even get a mechanical decoy to scare away birds more efficiently. These decoys work similarly as a scarecrow does but more efficiently. So next time you want to get rid of birds, just buy some decoys and place them near your home.
So all these methods are equally effective when it comes to bird pest control in Melbourne. But if you find it difficult to get rid of them then you can always call Melbourne Pest Control for help as we are a team of experienced and well-trained workers who have many years of experience in bird pest control. No matter what species of birds we have to deal with, we are always ready so whenever the bird problem is out of your hands than without giving it another thought call Melbourne Pest Control for help and our workers will get to the site and begin their work of bird pest control. Our pest control services for birds are unparalleled and we don’t say that, our customers do so give us a chance so that you can also experience our services.