There are different type’s pests and insects that are known for their ability to cause damage. Cockroaches are the ones them. The cockroaches are one of the creepiest and disgusting insects which can be found everywhere on your premises. Seeing a single cockroach in the kitchen or house area is a sign that there will be more cockroaches in the house. These cockroaches lay their egg in large numbers which in turn cause cockroach infestation. There are different cockroach types or species which cause cockroach infestation. So due to all this, it becomes important as how to do cockroach pest control to remove these cockroaches and cockroach’s eggs.
The main cause of cockroach infestation is the large number of cockroach eggs which further develop new cockroaches. But don’t worry as here Melbourne Pest Control’s experts provide you with the best and effective ways to identify and eliminate cockroach eggs.
What do cockroach eggs look like?
Cockroaches lay multiple eggs at one time which increase the cockroach infestation. These large numbers of cockroach eggs are warped in one single casing which is known as oothecae. These oothecae are produced by a female cockroach. This single cockroach eggs case is hard and protects the cockroach eggs. There can be a large number of eggs in cockroach oothecae. The oothecae have a reddish-brown color and their size also varies depending upon the numbers of eggs inside the oothecae or cockroach type that produce eggs. Its size can vary between 5mm to 10 mm.
How fast do roaches reproduce?
The numbers of cockroaches in oothecae depend upon the species of the cockroaches. Some cockroach species have high reproduction level while other have slow reproduction rate. One cockroach species is German roaches which produce large numbers of eggs. There can be a maximum of 25 to 45 eggs inside single oothecae in case of German roaches. While on the other hand, some cockroach species produce only a few eggs. Like the American cockroach, they can only produce 12-15 eggs in a single case. Along with this the reproduction cycle or rates of cockroach also depends upon how fast the cockroach egg hatch. The German roach hatch in 25-28 days while the other cockroach eggs hatch in 50-60 days. Thus, if by cleaning and removing cockroaches once you think you have done proper cockroach control then you are wrong. As in one month, new cockroach eggs will hatch and your house will again suffer from cockroach-type problems.
Where are roach egg cases found?
The cockroaches use different ways to hide and protect their eggs. To do cockroaches control or cockroach pest control one needs to find all the cockroaches eggs to remove them completely out of their premises. One can find the cockroach’s eggs by seeing or considering the following ways.
- Cockroaches can hide their egg case under various surfaces by sticking the egg case with the surface.
- They can also carry their egg case with themself to protect them.
- Cockroaches normally hide their eggs near the dark and warm places which are close to their food source.
- Cockroaches mostly prefer those areas which are ideally hidden from the human site and can not be easily detected or find.
- The cockroach’s eggs can be found in pantries, kitchen, cracks, cupboards, drawers, corners, and closets, etc.
One needs to use a proper torch or flashlights to find out the cockroach’s eggs in all these places.
- Use of dishwashing liquid soap spray: The dishwashing liquid can also be used to remove the cockroach and cockroach’s eggs from the premises. Under this method, take 5-6 of tablespoons dishwashing liquid soap and 2-3 cups of water and mix them well. Put this into the spray bottle and spray it in the corners and other areas of the house where you saw cockroaches and their eggs. Repeat this process 3-4 times for effective results.
- Use of boric acid: Boric acid is a natural pesticide that can be easily purchased from any market. Cockroaches and many other pests hate the smell of boric acid. Further, boric acid is a powder-based solution that can be used to get rid of various pests like cockroaches, spiders, flies, wasps, termites, bed bugs, rats, and, moths, etc. Boric acid acts as a poison against the pests and help in removing the pests from the indoor and outdoor area of the premises. So under this method take some boric acid in powder foam and sprinkle it into the various places of your house where you can find cockroaches or cockroach’s eggs. But while spraying boric acid be careful and keep it away from the reach of children and pets for their safety.
- Use of diatomaceous earth (DE): Like boric acid diatomaceous earth is also an effective pesticide that can be easily purchased from the market or online through different websites. Diatomaceous earth can be used in both liquid and powder forms for removing and eliminating cockroaches’ eggs. Simply sprinkle or spray some diatomaceous earth (DE) in different warm and dark areas of the house or things where you find these cockroach’s eggs and then wait for some time. After that, you will see that the egg case will get destroyed due to the diatomaceous earth.
- Us of lemon juice and vinegar: Vinegar and lemon juice are one of the best DIY ingredients that can be used for cockroaches control. Under this method, take 7-9 tablespoons lemon juice and a half-cup vinegar. Make a mixture of them and put them in a spray bottle. Now spray this solution on all the dark and hidden areas where you find the cockroach’s eggs. Repeat this spraying process 2-3 times. It will naturally destroy the cockroach’s egg case and after that one can easily dispose of these cases.
These were all about how to identify and eliminate the cockroach’s eggs on your own. But if you don’t get effective results from these cockroach pest control methods then you can facilitate professional pest control services. Experts like us Melbourne Pest Control provide the best cockroach pest control services. Our experts use different non-chemical and chemical methods to remove these cockroach-type insects. Our experts also provide residential and commercial pest control services to eliminate these cockroaches along with other indoor pests. For more detail, you can contact Cockroach Pest Control Melbourne at any time as we are 24×7 hours available with our cockroach pest control services.