Rat infestation or rat in the house or office premises creates great problems for everyone. These rats or mice in the home or office can cause great damage to the property and health of the people. Further, these rats are also difficult to find in the home or premises as they hide in the most difficult area which cannot be easily found in home or premises. Further, dealing with the dead rat or mice in the home or office becomes more difficult and frustrating for the people. Most people don’t understand how to treat or remove these dead rats from the roof or another area of the home or office. Like a living rat, dead rats can cause various diseases and health issues to the people living in the home or office premises.
Mostly People want to know about the easiest way through which they can easily remove dead rats from their roof or home and can easily get rid of this dead rat problem. Thus here we Melbourne Pest Control provide you with the best and effective rat control services through which one can easily remove dead and alive rats or mice from their premises. Before removing these rats one should know how to identify whether there is any dead rat in your home or home’s roof, or what to do when you smell a dead rat. Thus here our experts provide a complete detail about dead rats along with DIY tips for eliminating dead rat smell.
How to identify a dead rat on the roof:
Having a dead rat on your premises is a serious problem as it can spread various harmful diseases and can become a great disaster for your premises or home. But don’t worry by considering or observing the following points one can easily identify whether there is any dead rat at the roof of their house or premises or not.
- If you find the smell of a dead rat in the corners or any other area of your home or premises.
- Finding any other unwanted insect or pest in the home.
- Seeing properly or food damages in the premises.
- Finding a large number of flies flying in the particular area of your house or premises.
- Finding small paws or footprints of rats.
What to do when you smell a dead rat:
The dirty odor or smell of a dead rat is very ugly and worst. This dead rat odor is the mixture of the chemicals produced from the dead body of a rat when the rat’s dead body decomposes. Further the larger the size of the rat or mice stronger will be the smell of a dead rat. When you find a dead rat or mice in your home or odor of dead rat or mice then do the following things.
- Locate a dead rat: The dead rat in the roof area of your home or premises doesn’t look much effective. But when your smell the bad odor of a dead rat then first find or locate the dead body of the rat or mice. For this simply start looking for a dead body of the rat by following the bad odor of the dead rat. The dead body of eat further attracts maggots, other flies, etc. So by following their path one can also find out the location of the dead rat on the roof.
- Removal of the rat: once you find out the clause of bad dead rat odor or once your find the dead rat body then the next step is to immediately remove the dead rat from that place. The dead rat removal process can be either easy or difficult depending upon the area of the home or premises where the rat died. Some time these rats go into the wall or ceiling of roofs where that die and the rat removal process become more difficult.
- Removal of things: As rodents destroy or live inside various objects in your home or premises. It becomes essential to remove or disinfect all these things as these things will further create various health problems by spreading dangerous germs and bacteria, etc.
What things are used to dispose of dead rats from the roof?
Rodent especially dead rats are very dangerous and one needs to take serious action to get rid of these dead rodents from the home or office premises. For this one can appoint the pest control rat removal services of the experts. But if one wants to get rid of these rats at home on their own then for them here our Melbourne Pest Control provides the following ways through which one can easily remove these termites. For this first, one needs to have the following material.
- Plastic bags
- Protective clothes
- Respiratory makes or face mask
- Disposable garbage bag or poly thane, etc.
Step followed for removal of dead rats from the roof:
- Step 1: To remove the dead rat first wear a gloves and respirator or face mask to prevent infections from the dead rat.
- Step 2: If the rat dies due to a rodent trap then first, separate the dead rat from the traps.
- Step 3: Now, take out the dead rat and put it into the disposable garbage poly thin or bag.
- Step 4: After that take all the rat food, that’s nesting things or objects, and droppings and also put them into the disposable bag.
- Step 5: Now, that properly seal the plastic garbage bag of a dead rat and throw it into the outdoor area’s garbage bin.
- Step 6: Then properly wash off your gloves and face mask and safely dispose of them.
- Step 7: After that properly wash off your hands with hand wash or sanitize your hand with hand sanitizer.
Thus, these were all the steps through which one can easily get rid of these dead rat problems at home or premises on their own. Further one can easily find the dead rat at a different place and prefer the above steps to remove the rat from the roof. The dead rat can be found by seeing the
• Poisoned bait, trap, or pesticide place: See the place where you last placed a poisoned bait, trap, or pesticide.
• Follow rats droppings: By following the rat’s droppings or insects flying in a different area of the house.
• Dead rat smell: By following the dead rat’s strong smell.
• Between ceiling the roof: By finding a dead rat between the ceilings of the roof area of your home or office premises.
DIY tips to overcome the smell of dead rats: By following one or more of the following tips one can easily remove the smell or bad odor of the dead rat from their home or office premises. These tips are as following:
- Using an air purifier: One can easily eliminate the smell of a dead rat by simply using the air purifier for the whole home or office premises. It can act as the best dead rat smell eliminator. For this simply place the air purifier near the area of dead rat odor.
- Using odor-removing bags: Though this method, one can remove the bad odors of dead rodents up to some extent only. Under this method simply place the dead rat odor removal bags in the different areas of your premises from where you are getting the strong odor of dead rat. Further, this process can also take 2-3 days for better results.
- Using an ozone machine: Another way to remove the bad smell of dead rats is using an ozone machine. First, buy an ozone machine and simply turn on this machine. It purifies the odor from the air and removes all the odor and smell from your premises.
- Using soy candles: Soy candles are the best dead rat smell eliminator. Simply buy these soy candles and burn them in the different areas of your house or premises. It will not only remove the odor but also make the home atmosphere fresh with a sweet-smelling fragrance.
- Using coffee ground: Under this method simply take a bag of coffee ground and then place it in the corner or place of your premises or home from where you get most of the dead rat smell. Let it there for at least 1-2 days for better results.
Next steps after dead rat elimination:
Removing the dead rat from the roof of your home or premises is not the one solution. Rat is social pests. Once you find one alive or dead rat then there will be more rats in the house or nearby premises. So, one needs to take effective steps to stop this rat infestation. One needs to take the following preventative measures or tips to remove it eliminate these rats.
- Properly do the repairing of your house or office premises to eliminate all the entry points of rat
- Block or seal all the rain gutter with a proper wire so that rats can’t enter from there.
- If you had a garden and various trees near your home or premises then trim all the tree’s branches so that they don’t touch your home or premise’s building.
- Properly clean or maintain your kitchen or food area so that it can’t attract the rats.
- Do properly disposal of your trash so that rats cannot get any hiding place.
- Don’t trough food material outside or near your home premises area.
- Seal all the holes of your home or premises.
- Secure all your food in airtight containers
- Maintain a proper garbage bin system on your premises.
Pro tips to get professional help:Thus these were all the ways through which one can easily get rid of dead rats from the roof on their own. But if you find these rats removal tips or steps difficult or if you don’t get any solution from them then you need to get professional rat control services. It’s more effective to do so as these rodents or dead rats if not disposed of as soon as possible then they can spread various diseases and further can infect the health of the people. Further removing the dead rat on your own can also prove dangerous if these steps are not properly followed so it’s more effective to use the pest control rat removal services of professional experts.
Final thought: The experts like us Melbourne Pest Control use various effective tools and techniques to remove both dead or alive rats and rodents from your home or office premises. Further, we provide the best Rodent Pest Control Melbourne services in Melbourne. Our experts use various chemical and non-chemical treatments to remove these rodents from your home permanently according to the customer’s needs. Our trained professionals also ensure no damage to the people and the atmosphere of your premises. Our professionally trained experts have more knowledge as to how to handle these dead rodents and remove them completely without spreading any infection. Melbourne Pest Control’s experts further also provide 100% guaranteed rodent control and dead rodent removal services with 24×7 hours of assistance