Bedbugs are tiny blood-sucking pests that are commonly found in or near beds and couches. They live in places that are near to a host, from which they can easily get blood to feed. Bed bugs are brown oval-shaped insects, having a size similar to that of a grain of wheat. They are flat before they start feeding and gradually become rounded in shape and become reddish-brown with time.
You need to get rid of bed bugs as soon as possible as they reproduce at an alarming rate. They reproduce up to 4 times a year and lay hundreds of eggs each time. Their eggs hatch within months and after that start searching for food. They feed on the blood of any warm-blooded animal and humans are also one of their favorite hosts. Another fact that you should know about bed bugs is that they are very difficult to detect at first so as soon as you spot any bed bugs or any signs of bed bugs, without wasting any time call professionals like Melbourne Pest Control to take care of these pests.
Now first things first, you should know about what are the things that you have to keep your eyes open for in case of bed bug infestation. Melbourne Pest Control is going to mention some of the things that will help you in identifying whether your house has been infested by bed bugs or not. Following are some of the signs of bed bugs in your home.
- If you get sudden itching in the morning after you wake up then this can be due to bed bugs.
- Visible bite marks that can be anywhere on your body will also confirm your doubt of having bed bugs in your home.
- Pets scratching themselves can also be an obvious sign of beg bugs infestation as dogs are also a potential source of food for bed bugs.
- Now if there are bed bugs in your bed then they will bite you and as a result, you may have blood spots on your bedsheets.
- Having dark or brown stains on your walls, carpets, bedsheets, pillow covers, etc. can be the waste secreted by these bugs. Their waste is not visible to the eyes but with time it leaves spots on the surface, it was secreted.
- Eggshells or shredded skin of their nymphs can also be an obvious sign of bed bug infestation.
Once you have completed your inspection and found evidence of bed bugs in your home, your next thought would be the best bedbug removal treatment that you can use to make your home bedbug free. That’s what Melbourne Pest Control is here for, our team of workers has tested many different methods of bedbug treatment and made a list of the best methods that can be used by you to remove bed bugs from your home. If you are also interested in knowing about how to get rid of bedbugs permanently then go through the following list and select the method that suits you best:
- Heat and cold treatment: it’s the very first method on our list as it is the most common one. Bed bugs are very sensitive to extreme temperatures, which means they can’t withstand very high or very low temperatures. You just need to get all the infested stuff and pack it up inside a plastic bag and then either toss it inside the freezer or inside your car during a sunny day, this will kill all the pests in no time.
- Vacuum cleaning: firstly, get a brush to scrub your beds, cushions, sofa, etc. to loosen the grip of bed bugs. After that get a vacuum cleaner and clean every area on and around your bed, couch, cracks, paintings, carpets, pet’s bed, etc. where there’s a chance of having bed bugs. Once you’re done, you’ll be amazed by the number of bedbugs you might have collected in your vacuum cleaner.
- Natural ingredients: there are many ingredients available in your home that you can use to kill bed bugs very easily and Melbourne Pest Control will be mentioning them here. All you need to do is directly spray or sprinkle any one of these things over the infested area to kill the pests in no time:
- Baking soda
- Diatomaceous earth
- Rubbing alcohol
- Essential oils
- Cayenne pepper
- Baking powder
- Tea tree oil
All these are equally effective in killing bed bugs but only if the infestation is in the primary stage. After you have sprayed or sprinkles them over your affected area, let them stay there for an hour and then remove them with the help of a vacuum cleaner.
- Steam cleaner: it’s the most direct approach to get rid of bed bugs hiding inside the mattresses and cushions. Steam is so hot that it instantly kills any bedbugs that come in direct contact with it. Another thing, it goes deep inside fibers and ensures killing them as well as their nymphs and eggs too.
- Getting professional help: when the infestation is at its peak and you can’t handle the situation on your own then it’s wise to call professional bedbug killers like Melbourne Pest Control. Professionals are trained workers who have experience and equipment that help them in getting rid of these pests in no time.
Melbourne Pest Control is an emerging name in the field of pest control and next time you need to get bedbug pest control in Melbourne then call us and our workers will be at your service. We work to make your lives better by making your house pest-free, so consider contacting Melbourne Pest Control next time you require pest control.